Supported by The Scottish Arts Council, Scottish Screen and in partnership with LUX, The Margaret Tait Award will recognise artists who are experimental, innovative and who work within film and moving image. The aim of The Margaret Tait Award is to support artists and provide a high profile platform from which to exhibit their work and engage with a wider audience.
The recipient of The Margaret Tait Award will receive a £10,000 commission to make a new work for Glasgow Film Festival 2011 and to tour through LUX.
Nominations Procedures and Eligibility
- Nominations are sought for artists who have developed a significant body of work over the past 3–10 years and are at the cusp of a major impact on the sector
- The award will recognise artists living or working in Scotland
- Students are not eligible for nomination
- There is no age restriction
To nominate please submit the following to [email protected] by 5 Feb 2010.
- 200 words on the artist's career to date, their impact on the sector and why they should be nominated
- a link/url to artists website or online example of work if available
Read more about Margaret Tait and watch some of her films at luxonline