International Experimental film & Video Festival Zürich
24 May - 2 June 2013
Entry Deadline 15 February 2013
VIDEOEX invites you to submit your work for the international & Swiss competition. The festival will present an international competition and a wide range of thematic programs. Cooperations with other exhibition sites in Zurich are planned.
We are looking for experimental films (35mm / 16mm / 8mm), videos (experimental,videoart, essay,....), innovative animations, experimental digital & graphic productions (to be screened), experimental documentaries & innovative music videos. No entry fee.
1. The purpose of the VIDEOEX festival is to promote video and experimental film works.
2. Videoex 2013 will include an international and a swiss competition. The total prize amount is CHF 4000.
3. The festival will make a choice based on criteria of quality and originality in both, form and content.
4. The following screening formats are accepted for the competition:
- 35mm, 16mm, S8mm films
- Digibeta (PAL)
- HD Files, Blueray Disc,
- Beta SP (PAL/SECAM)
- HDV-, DVCAM (PAL/NTSC)
- Mini-DV (PAL/NTSC) / DVD
- S-VHS (PAL only) / VHS (PAL/NTSC)
5. Maximum duration is 50 min (exceptions may apply). No feature films will be accepted.
6. Participants may submit a maximum of 3 works.
7. To take part of the competition participants must submit a preview copy of their work. Accepted preview formats: Mini-DV (PAL/NTSC), DVD (PAL/NTSC), VHS (PAL/NTSC)
8. Each preview copy must be accompanied by a printed and filled out entry form and the author's video- / filmography in German, French, Italian or English. The entries must be posted no later then the 15th February 2012 (postmark).
9. All preview tapes will be sent at the expense and sole risk of the candidates, who hereby discharge the VIDEOEX 2013 from any liability.
10. Works being shown at the festival will be insured at the cost of the copy during the festival.
11. Only works produced after 1st October 2010 are applicable.
12. The entry implies full acceptance of the rules.
13. If you wish to have the preview material returned, please send the equivalent of 20 USD.The other works will remain in the VIDEOEX archive.
14. Shipment must be declared as: ''art work for cultural purpose only" "no commercial value'' Maximum value 2 USD !! (Otherwise we will have to pay customs and not be able to accept the package.)
15. All entrants will be notified by April 15th 2013