Moving Homeward Online Screening and Q&A
Watch the PWYC rental at pdome.org from Nov. 10 to 17, 2021
Then, join us for a closing Q&A, Wed. Nov. 17 at 7 pm EST with artists in attendance.
Moving Homeward is an experimental shorts program that explores the use of the personal and familial archive as a tool for auto-ethnographic investigation and speculative reconstruction of home, family, and affections. In the context of migration, displacement, and loss, how can artists research, deconstruct, reconstruct and expand archives to work through grief, uprootedness, assimilation, and intergenerational trauma?
Co-presented by Archive/Counter-Archive.
Curated by PD Directors Sylvia Nowak and Ana Luisa Bernardez.
- Once Upon a Time/Ngày Xửa Ngày Xưa, Han Pham (Canada, 2020) 5:17 mins
- Via Karelia, Elian Mikkola (Finland, 2021) 12:36 mins
- Green and Red, but Terracotta Red, Federica Foglia, (Canada, 2020) 10:00 mins
- Kitchen.blend, Nataliya Ilchuk (Ukraine/France, 2021) 15:00 mins
- To Play with a Spinning Top, Jessica Fuquay (USA, XXXX) 12:27 mins
Total Program Time: 55:22 minutes
Co-presented by Archive/Counter-Archive, a project dedicated to activating and remediating audiovisual archives created by Indigenous Peoples (First Nations, Métis, Inuit), the Black community and People of Colour, women, LGBT2Q+ and immigrant communities. Political, resistant, and community-based, counter-archives disrupt conventional narratives and enrich our histories.
PWYC rental at pdome.org