As part of "Back for the Future: Film Restoration in the 21st Century" Jeff Lambert from the National Film Preservation Foundation will present a selection of films from the upcoming DVD set Treasures 6: Next Wave Avant-Garde. A discussion with Michael Pogorzelski, Director of the Academy Film Archive, will follow the screening.
Films to be shown:
- A Visit to Indiana (1970) by Curt McDowell, preserved by Pacific Film Archive
- Plumb Line (1978) by Carolee Schneemann, preserved by The Museum of Modern
- Radio Adios (1982) by Henry Hills, preserved by Anthology Film Archives
- 11 thru 12 (1977) by Andrea Callard,preserved by New York University
- Hi-Fi Cadets (1989) by Lewis Klahr, preserved by the Academy Film Archive (preservation premiere!)
- Report (1967) by Bruce Conner, preserved by Anthology Film Archives as part of the NFPF's Avant-Garde Masters Program funded by The Film Foundation.
More information on the screening and film series here: www.oscars.org/filmarchive/collections/backforthefuture.html
Free and open to the public