FILMADRID International Film Festival promotes and exhibits a type of film production based on authorship, proposing a space for dialog on contemporary film and its formal and esthetic approaches. FILMADRID International Film Festival was born with the determination to discover new paths in the landscape of contemporary cinematography, focusing on the promotion and exhibition of authorship in films. Participation in the contest is open to fiction and non-fiction movies from all over the world, with special interest in pieces of work which innovate in both narrative and formal approaches, regardless of production formats. FILMADRID is created by Pasajes de Cine, a cultural association from Madrid.
- The third edition of FILMADRID will be held from June 8th-17th, 2017.
- Official Section: Fiction and non fiction films from all over the world.
- Vanguardias: Experimental films from all over the world.
- Films must have been completed no earlier than January 1st, 2016.
- Entries are for films that have never been publicly exhibited in Madrid.
- All films can be submitted in two ways:
- Submit an online link as a screener to [email protected]
- Submit a DVD labeled with the following information: work title, runtime, director and contacts to: C/ Carranza, Nº27, 1ºF28004 Madrid, SPAIN
- The DVD must have spanish or english subtitles.
- All film submissions must include the Official Entry attached at the beginning of this page.
- The Juries for both Competitions will be composed of renowned personalities from the worlds of cinema and arts.
- Individuals directly connected with the production or distribution of films presented in the various competitive sections may not sit in the Juries.
The festival will give the next awards:
- Best Film for Official Section (1,500€ + Trophy)
- Best Film for Vanguardias (500€ + Trophy)
- After the communication of the selection and until after its exhibition in the festival, the selected films must not be publicly exhibited in Madrid.
- Participation in the festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations.
- Submissions must be completed no later than April 3rd, 2017.