Hypnotic and visceral, Sonic Cinema is a wild hypersensory experience. The films in this program explore the outer limits of perception, embodiment and cognition using experimental animation techniques, chemical interventions, powerful soundtracks, magnetic pulsations and beyond. Raw intensity and pure energy into the ontology of the moving image.
Sonic Cinema presents films that question, provoke and reconfigure the foundations of consensual reality. Sharing the heritage of alchemy as a technological and protoscientific practice, these films involve transmutation of space, time and matter, where phenomenal dimensions are twist into physical and cerebral energy.
- GRANULAR FILM - BEIRUT | Charles-André Coderre | 2016 | 6 min
- VILLE MARIE - A | Alexandre Larose | 2009 | 12 min
- PLANT DREAMING DEEP | Charlotte Clermont | 2017 | 7 min
- KINSKI WANTED HERZOG TO DIRECT BUT HE TURNED IT DOWN | Guillaume Vallée | 2017 | 6 min
- BUT ONE BIRD SANG NOT | Pierre Hébert | 2018 | 6 min
- RUINS RIDER | Pierre-Luc Vaillancourt | 2017 | 49 min