Sheffield Fringe is a UK based curatorial platform now in the 5th year and relaunching on June 10th 2016 as a biannual arts event staged at Bloc Projects gallery in Sheffield. Incorporating a visual arts exhibition, workshops and presentations the project brings together artists, filmmakers, researchers, academics, and the general public in an event that questions ways of working with reality within a cross section of media, including film, sound and performance. Additionally there is a touring programme, which in the last round included collaborations with The Hackney Picturehouse, London; Utrecht University, The Netherlands; ICSM Men & Masculinity Conference, Turkey; UnionDocs, New York.
We are looking for work to include in the next edition. We are interested in single-channel works that inspire dialogues, and/or are playful critiques of the documentary form, performance and spectatorship.
- There are no restrictions in theme or approach.
- Individual works must not exceed 20 min. in total running time.
- Exhibition/screening copies must be available as H264 Quicktime data.
- Submitted works must be available for preview online – for example on Vimeo or Youtube.
- Submission fee: £10 per work (after clicking Submit, you will be redirected to PayPal for payment to Ad Lumina)
- Deadline: Midnight GMT, Sunday 25th January 2016
- Click HERE to submit online
Details here: http://sheffieldfringe.com