Both filmmakers for over fifteen years, Keitaro Oshima and Maki Satake are a couple living in Japan. In something like a structural approach, Keitaro dissects the moving image with the intention to re-construct it, while Maki's work focuses on the question of recording from diverse sources (video, photo, audio tapes...) in order to re-work family memories, her primary source of inspiration. This program will present a rare opportunity to encounter their work and to meet their gazes.
With the presence of the artists.
- Thinking Dot (Keitaro Oshima, 2011, 16mm, b&w, sound, 8' 00)
- Sky Blue (Maki Satake, 2003, video, colour, sound, 1' 00)
- Catoptric Light (Maki Satake, 2007, video, colour, sound, 4' 00)
- Vestige Of Life (Maki Satake, 2008-2009, video, colour, sound, 12' 00)
- Remains (Omokage) (Maki Satake, 2010, video, colour, sound, 6' 00)
- A Found Beach -Omnibus- (Keitaro Oshima, 2012-2013, video, colour, sound, 22' 00)
- 60 Seconds 600 minutes(Maki Satake, 2013, video, colour, sound, 1' 50)
- Pivot (Maki Satake, 2017, video, colour, sound, 6' 00)
- Debris (Keitaro Oshima, 2017-2018, video, colour, sound, 10' 00 )