In an experimental approach to film, the mirror as a reflective device is used more in its concrete dimension that in the metaphorical: the mirror surface denounces the cinematographic transparency, the famous "window to the world" dear to André Bazin and manifests its power of illusion, infinitely poetic.
This programme will give rise to various speculations about the self-portrait, memory, landscape, but also on the presence of mirrors in Hollywood movies that reveals a double or the narcissistic staging full of doubts and anguish.
- Kamera (Dietmar Brehm, 1997, 9’)
- Hand held day (Gary Beydler, 1974, 6’)
- Memory worked by mirrors (Stephen Broomer, 2011, 2’)
- Catoptric light (Maki Satake, 2010, 4’)
- Trypps #7 (Badlands) (Ben Russell, 2010, 10’)
- Entgegen (Milena Gierke, 1999, 3’)
- Kristall (Christoph Girardet & Matthias Müller, 2006, 14’30)
- Mirror mechanics (Siegfried A. Fruhauf, 2005, 7’3)