This evening of experimental 16mm works, projected by the filmmaker on film, showcases a variety of dynamic sound and celluloid image collaborations with musician/artists such as Grouper, Jefre Cantu-Ledesma, Sarah Davachi, Lawrence English and King Midas Sound / Fennesz.
- Union (2010, Super 8mm (16mm), color/B&W, 14.5 minutes, music by Jefre Cantu-Ledesma
An exploration of movement, woven into layers of time, and photographed in natural and nocturnal urban spaces, ambig1uous within a confluence of lights, colors and darkness. Filmed in the parks of San Francisco.
- Void (2012, Super 8mm (16mm), color, 11 minutes, music by Jefre Cantu-Ledesma
Filmed at night in San Francisco, this study of the eye in vertiginous color and darkness, broadens and intensifies an exploration into in-camera processes of handheld, small gauge filmmaking, and the rhythmic and graphic relationships of multilayered imagery to music-making and dreams.
- The Liquid Casket/Wilderness Of Mirrors (2014, 16mm, color/B&W, 9.5 minutes, music by Lawrence English
A restless, traveling consciousness flies across lands vast and small, taking note of possible futures that hint at humankind’s folly of expansion and alienation. Filmed in London, Leeds, Glasgow and Scotland
- Made of Air (2015, 16mm, color/B&W,11.5 minutes, music by Grouper
A sad and fearful lament for a drowned world. Filmed in London, Zurich, San Francisco, Berkeley and Napa.
- Lighthouse (2015, 16mm, color/B&W, 5 minutes, music by King Midas Sound & Fennesz)
A study of surfaces, figurative and metaphysical, with various levels and planes of a city combined and superimposed to become visual echoes, suggesting an animated city of grids, graphs, geometries and lines: layers of subterranean streets and shadows evoking multiple levels of consciousness. Filmed in New York, San Francisco and Hong Kong. An unintentional homage to Saul Bass.