LIQUID FORM: water in experimental film
Two days & two programs of experimental films that incorporate, are inspired by, or focus on water as material and subject. Featuring the work of luminaries such as Barbara Hammer, David Gatten, Stan Brakhage, Paul Sharits, Jacalyn White, and Will Hindle (all presented on 16mm film!) - as well as short films and videos by Charles Cadkin (Chicago), Luna Galassini (NM), Matt Feldman (London), Vanessa Renwick (Portland OR), Justin Clifford Rhody (NM), Sam Drake (Milwaukee) & JC Gonzo (NM). This weekend long film series is supported through a generous grant from the Santa Fe Arts Commission.
* accompanying print program!
* filmmakers in attendance!
* presented on 16mm film!
FULL PROGRAM (not in order of appearance):
- Ralph Steiner - H20 (1929, 10:30 mins)
- Will Hindle - Watersmith (1969, 32 min) - 16mm
- Barbara Hammer - Pools (1981, 6 min) - 16mm
- Stan Brakhage - Window Water Baby Moving (1959, 12 mins) - 16mm
- Paul Sharits - S:Stream:S:S:ection:S:ection:S:S:ectioned (1971, 42 mins) - 16mm
- Jacalyn White - Badwater Next Right (1982, 10 mins) - Super-8mm
- David Gatten - What the Water Said Nos 1-3 (1998, 16 mins) - 16mm
- Charles Cadkin - Pump (2022, 4:42) - 16mm
- Luna Galassini - Fire Sign (2023, 12 mins)
- Vannesa Renwick - Cold Holy Water (2019, 5:20)
- Matt Feldman - Strange Phenomena (2023, 8:52)
- Sam Drake - Test Objects (2023, 9:09)
- JC Gonzo - Upstream (into America) (2023, 4 mins)
- Justin Clifford Rhody - El Rito (2021, 7:41)
- Charles Cadkin - The Fall of Cannonsville (2023, 21:26)
Sat April 15th & Sun April 16th
(two days - two different programs)
doors at 7pm, films at 7:30pm
$5-15 suggested donation at door