Mono No Aware presents an intimate screening with artist and filmmaker Tomonari Nishikawa who'll be visiting Brooklyn this weekend to lead a special 16mm Mattes & Multiple Exposures Workshop with us. In a diverse program of work from 2005-2014, Tomonari will screen a series of Super-8mm "sketch films", in addition to recent 16mm and 35mm projects.
- Sketch Film #1-5 (2005-2007, US, Super 8, silent, b&w, approx. 3 min. each)
- Market Street (2005, US, 16mm, silent, b&w, 5 min.)
- Tokyo – Ebisu (2010, Japan, 16mm, sound, color, 5 min.)
- Shibuya – Tokyo (2010, Japan, 16mm, sound, color, 10 min.)
- 45 7 Broadway (2013, US, 16mm, sound, color, 5 min.)
- sound of a million insects, light of a thousand stars (2014, Japan, 35mm on DV, sound, color, 2 min.)
Total running time, 60 minutes. Additional time for discussion / Q & A with the artist
Hosted by CPR-Center for Performance Research
Curated by Steven Cossman
The Connectivity Through Cinema series will present the work of artists, film-makers and curators who are traveling or presenting special interactive programs in-person. Our hope is to engage the community by showing work with a focus on post-screening discussion.
This event is sponsored, in part, by the Greater New York Arts Development Fund of the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, administered by the Brooklyn Arts Council (BAC).