Montréal's micro-cinema, la lumière collective, is please to welcome BRAQUAGE for a wonderful screening on May 4th, 2022, 6:30pm. Sébastien Ronceray will be with us to introduce this program "Sortis des labos".
"At the invitation of La Lumière Collective, the association Braquage, based in Paris, has concocted a programme of recent films straight out of various independent laboratories, self-managed by filmmakers endlessly exploring the possibilities of the film medium with attention and delight. Numerous practices are opening up for these artists concerned with film: proximity to the documentary field, found footage, abstraction, work on the medium itself… This programme seeks to present the riches of film, presented in film print, thanks to the help and skills of the team at La Lumière Collective!"
List of films - projection in Super 8, 16mm and 35mm :
- Résistance – Laurence Favre (Switzerland, 2017, 16mm, color, sound, 24fps, 11 mins
- Cactus – Unknown filmmaker (France, 1950s, 16mm, b&w, sound, 24fps, 3 mins)
- Isola ! – Film from Rebenty collective (France, 2021, 16mm, b&w, digital sound, 18fps, 9 mins)
- Absences – Ø (France, 2018, 16mm, b&w, sound, 24fps, 5 mins)
- Elément 1, 2, 3 – Tomaž Burlin (France, 2017, 16mm, b&w / color, sound, 24fps, 6 mins)
- Vanités – Laurent Reyes (France, 2020, 16mm, b&w, silent, 18fps, 8 mins)
- Mue(s) – Frédérique Menant (France, 2015, 16mm, b&w, digital sound, 24fps, 10 mins)
- La Chute – Vincent Deville (France, 2003, Super 8, color, silent, 18fps, 7 mins)
- The Action – David Matarasso (France, 2012, 16mm, color, silent, 18fps, 4 mins)
- Dots Frequencies – Laurence Barbier (France, 2014-16, 16mm, b&w, sound, 18fps, 4 mins)
- Daucus Buganvilia – Florencia Aliberti (France, 2021, 16mm, color, digital sound, 24fps, 5 mins)
- Indécryptées – Sébastien Ronceray (France, 2005, 35mm scope, b&w, silent, 24fps, 7 mins)
More information and tickets online here :