Hierarchy of Particles is a program of films and videos that explore particles and fragments of image and sound through a variety of formats – from image-processing of video signals, to high-contrast and hand-processed or manipulated celluloid film stock, and re-purposing film footage and warbled audio fragments.
Curated by Mia Ferm (Cinema Project, Portland)
- Du haut de ces pyramides, derrière (Yves Dymen (Petrov), France, 2015, 16mm, colour, silent, 5 min)
- Artifacts (Woody Vasulka, USA, 1981, video, 24 min)
- H(i)J (Guillaume Cailleau, Germany, 2009, 16mm, b&w, silent, 6 min)
- If the war continues (Jonathan Schwartz, USA, 2012, 16mm, colour, sound, 5 min)
- Keying Distinctions (Peer Bode, USA, 1978, video, b&w, 3.5 min)
- Second Sighted (Deborah Stratman, USA, 2015, video, colour, sound, 5 min)