Cinema Project welcomes Canadian artist and filmmaker Jean-Paul Kelly to Portland for a special one-night end-of-season event. Jean-Paul Kelly is an artist exploring the relationship between materiality and perception. The videos, drawings, and photographs that Kelly makes pose questions about the limits of representation by examining complex associations between found photographs, videos, and sounds from documentaries, photojournalism and online media streams. This program is a showcase of Kelly's films and videos featuring rich and engaging works that digest the present through abstraction and deconstructive manipulation of formal filmmaking technique.
Artist in attendance
- A Minimal Difference (Canada, 2012, video, color, sound, 5 min.)
- Service of the goods (Canada, 2013, video, color, sound, 29 min.)
- Figure-ground (Canada, 2013, video, color, sound, 5 min.)
- The Innocents (Canada, 2014, video, color, sound, 13 min.)
- Movement in Squares (Canada, 2013, video, color, sound, 13 min.)