Friday, April 12 2013, 20h
1084 N. Milwaukee, Chicago, Illinois 60642
Curated by Amelia Ishmael
.blacK~SSStaTic_darK~fuZZZ_dOOm~glitCH. is a screening program inspired by storms and digital sorcery or, more pointedly, it is an assemblage of lights and sounds to elicit a chaotic vortex of smudgy black charcoal that is streaked with freezing water, painted on celluloid, stained by sea creatures, hexed through new media, and entranced by guitar riffs. Artists included are Aldo Tambellini, Cultus Sabbati, Gast Bouschet and Nadine Hilbert, jonCates, mojo (for Aluk Todolo), Reto Mäder and Daniel Steffen (for Ural Umbo), Alexander Stewart, and Semiconductor.
- White God (Gast Bouschet and Nadine Hilbert (in collaboration with Xavier Massaut), 2002-2010, 5:47)
- ERRORRUNNINGWWWATERNOISES (RE:MIXXX for Amelia Ishmael) (jonCates, 2012, 6:44)
- Descent into the Maelstrom (Cultus Sabbati, 2011, 8:12)
- Black is (Aldo Tambellini, 1965, 3:38)
- Unground: Phase 6 (Gast Bouschet and Nadine Hilbert, 2012, 5:37)
- CH405_M4J1K meets GL!TTER GLØØM (jonCates, 2012, 2:16)
- Black Rain (Semiconductor, 2009, 3:02)
- Aluk Todolo live at Cave 12 in Ecuries de l’Ilôt 13, Geneva 12.05.2010 [I] (Michel Pennec, 2010), 8:42)
- Black Trip (Aldo Tambellini, 1965, 4:07)
- Errata (Alexander Stewart, 2005, 6:05)
- Ural Umbo - Self Fulfilling Prophecy (Reto Mäder and Daniel Steffen, 2011, 5:14)
This Chicago screening will also include an additional chapter, with video by Sandra Gibson and Luis Recoder and sound by Olivia Block.