The Double Negative Collective presents a selection of recent experimental films and videos by Montreal filmmakers at Cinéma Parallèle.
* Thursday 17 Dec. 2009, 21h30
* Cinéma Parallèle [3536 Boul. St-Laurent, Montreal, QC]
Parataxis is the juxtaposition of dissimilar images or fragments in language, creating new meaning with the odd pairing. In cinema, filmmakers usher in many surprising marriages of visual and sonic ideas with each depression of the splicer, as many curators articulate new meanings in a varied program of film and video work. With this program, the Double Negative Collective presents a selection of recent experimental films and videos by Montreal filmmakers at Cinéma Parallèle.
- Perceptual Subjectivity | Philippe Léonard
- Columns In The Sea | Nancy Baric & Nicolas Renaud
- À L’Est Des Vents | Émilie Serri
- Lacuna | Shannon Harris
- Through Three Eyes | James Schidlowsky
- 1 To 8 | Amy Schwartz
- j. | Alexandre Larose & Solomon Nagler
- Hydromorphone 8MG | François Miron
- Over No Things | Yen-Chao Lin
- Oparine | Stéphane Calce
- Universe Of Broken Parts | Richard Kerr
- Strips | Félix Dufour-Laperrière