The 3rd edition of PRISME will take place from 2 to 9 December 2020, festival organized by Mire (association dedicated to experimental cinema, based in Nantes, France). PRISME highlights an inventive and engaged contemporay analog cinema, interacting with other practices (photography, visual, sound & performative arts).
Projections, performances, workshops and meetings make up the program of this event envisioned as a time propitious to re exion, exchange and conviviality.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- recent analog (photochemical) films (made in 2017 and after)
- expanded cinema performances
-35 mm, 16mm, Super8, digital
- Preference will be given to film prints
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Send a subscription e-mail to [email protected]
- Register the concerned work(s) on the artists run film labs platform http://www.filmlabs.org/travaux_recents/ajout_uk.php
including an image and a description text + a video link
- If you don’t want to include a preview link on lmlabs.org, please do it in your subscription e mail.
- Please note that your entry will stay publically available on this platform (this is part of our philosophy: let living archive live!
- 1. september 2020
- Proposals will be selected by a Mire members commitee. Selected mmakers will be informed by e-mail by october 2020.
- No submission fee.
- For the selected films, Mire will cover the costs of shipping and some screening fees at a flat rate of 5€ per minute
Mire offers a PRISME pass to filmmakers whose films are selected, but will not be able to take in charge travel costs or hosting.
For artists whose performances are selected, home stay accommodation, compensation to travel costs and remuneration will be proposed.