L’OEil d’Oodaaq is a French non-profit organisation that researches on video art and other forms of images in contemporary art, thanks to artists’ productions. In 2019, L’OEil d’Oodaaq will organise its 9th Festival Oodaaq. It will be held from 25 April to 12 May in Saint-Malo and from 15 to 26 May in Rennes. It will be composed of: exhibitions, screenings, performances, lectures, moments of encounter.
The festival questions the place of images in today’s society and the way artists reflect on this issue. L’OEil d’Oodaaq is interested in all states of existence of images: construction, circulation, reception, as well as its recent mutations in the digital age. The organisation refers to the term of « nomadic and poetic images » in order to emphasise the moving, multiple and reflective nature of the images it is interested in.
For 2019, the Festival Oodaaq will mostly be dedicated to video art. The videos, at the very heart of its programme, will be presented in screenings of programmes with several works, in exhibitions, autonomous installations, windows, and lounges.
Every year, in order to enrich its research and reflections, the Festival also gives carte blanche to local and international partners.
Candidates may apply from 1 up to 3 projects for the Festival Oodaaq: video works varied in their form and content.
Applications are to be sent before October 31, 2018 at midnight, exclusively via email (Wetransfer or other file sharing tools are NOT accepted) to : [email protected]
Every application has to be sent as a zip file (named « surname-first name ») not exceeding 10MB
- Filled out application form online (see next page)
- Text about the proposed artworks
- A high-resolution image extracted from the video (300 DPI, named « surname-first name-title. jpg) + link to YouTube or Vimeo file (to be filled out in the application form). High quality video files are requested in case of selection.
Pay And Travel Costs
L’OEil d’Oodaaq is paying author’s rights or exhibition fees to the selected artists. The exact amount will be fixed regarding the terms and frequency of presentation of the works.
In order to encourage encounters between artists and public, L’OEil d’Oodaaq participates in the travel costs of the artists who come to the festival according to the following terms:
- Total travel costs are covered for artists whose travel is essential (complex installation).
- Travel costs up to 50 euros maximum for artists who don’t need to be present but are encouraged to come to the festival (video artists mainly).
The applicants will be notified of the jury’s decision in January 2019.