Xcèntric: Austerity measures
Thursday December 20th, 20h
Xcèntric CCCB, Montalegre, 5, 08001 Barcelona
Presentation by João Laia.
This video programme, curated by João Laia and Andrey Shental, examines the notion of austerity not just in the sense we have become used to hearing it used in the political discourse of the present crisis, but as a creative tool. The films included present an inventory of poor materials and marginal techniques (such as found footage and low-resolution video), much used on the Internet but not so much in artistic circles, where they continue to shock.
- Replica (Daniel Lopatin (Oneohtrix Point Never), USA, 2011, 4 min 36 s)
- The Meaning of "Austerity" (James Corbett, USA, 2010, 8 min (6 min fragment)
- Touch my Body (Ilya Korobkov, Russia, 2009, 4 min)
- Infinite Doors (Takeshi Murata, USA, 2010, 2 min)
- Nobody Here (Daniel Lopatin (Oneohtrix Point Never), USA, 2009, 2 min)
- #67 (Jean-Gabriel Périot, France, 2012, 3 min 30 s)
- The Misty Suite (James Richards, United Kingdom, 2009, 7 min)
- Climbing (Jesse McLean, USA, 2011, 6 min 30 s (2 min 30 s fragment))
- Versions (Oliver Laric, United Kingdom, 2010, 6 min 30 s)
- The Barbarians (Jean-Gabriel Périot, France, 2010, 5 min)
- New Materials in the Reading of the World (Chooc Ly Tan, France, 2011, 5 min 30 s)