Falvey Hall, located in the Brown Center at Maryland Institute College of Art, is a 530-seat multi-use performance and multi-media venue that is a wonderful venue for Symposia, films, lectures, artist talks, multi-media presentations and music performances.
Falvey Hall Features:
- 430 seats on the main level and additional seating for 90 in the balcony.
- A triangular-shaped stage , 42 feet across the front and 24 feet deep at its deepest point.
- A large lobby, Leidy Atrium, on the Brown Center entrance level.
- A smaller lobby area on the lower Hall entrance level with a formal a coat check room.
- A small unisex dressing room and bathroom facilities located backstage.
- A high output video projection systems for use with computer graphic, Video and digital media.
- Audio for speech sound reinforcement, small-scale musicals, theatrical performances
- Multi-channel playback and 5.1 and 7.1 DTS and Dolby Digital
- Surround EFX speakers that can be used for a variety of artistic applications.
- 16 and 35mm film projectors
- Xenon slide projectors
- A 14" x 26" perforated screen that supports 16:9 and 3:4 video format
- An angled back wall that can be used for projections for multi-media performances.
- A Clear-Com intercom system between the booth and backstage.