Founded in 2008 by filmmakers with a love for celluloid - the filmkoop wien is the only artist-run film lab in Austria. The collective's mission is to support film arts and offer the space for cinematic experiments. Invited by Canadian filmmaker Madi Piller the filmkoop wien is very happy to present - for the first time in Toronto - a full program of films produced in this lab, created by the hands of its members. The program shows films in Super8, 16mm and 35mm format and aims to present a glimpse of recent Austrian Avant-Garde films created by the young generation.
Stefanie Weberhofer will be there for a Q&A afterwards. Friendly supported by the Austrian Cultural Forum Ottawa.
- filmkoop wien Trailer (Stefanie Weberhofer, AT 2015, color, silent, 24fps, 16mm, 0:20 min)
- Golan (Viktoria Schmid, AT 2013, b/w, with sound, 24fps, 16mm, 1:30 min)
- Water from Grain (Josephine Ahnelt, AT 2013, b/w, silent, 24fps, 16mm, 13:00 min)
- Untitled (Antoinette Zwirchmayr, AT 2012, color, silent, 24pfs, 16mm, 1:42 min)
- Apanhar Laranjas / Picking Oranges (Sílvia das Fadas, USA 2012, color, with sound, 24fps, 16mm, 1:00 min)
- Handmade (Magdalena Pfeifer, AT 2012, b/w & color, silent, 24fps, 16mm, 3:00 min)
- Cinématographe (Rosa John, AT 2015, b/w, silent, 24fps, Super8, 1:00 min)
- Wortgefecht (Magdalena Pfeifer, AT 2014, b/w, silent, 18fps, Super8, 2:30 min)
- Ferragosto (Alina Tretinjak, ITA/AT 2016, b/w, silent, 18fps, Super8, 2:00 min)
- Look how beautiful the light moves (Stefanie Weberhofer, CAN/AT 2016, color, without sound, 24fps, Super8, 2:00 min)
- The Pimp and his Trophies (Antoinette Zwirchmayr, AT 2014, color, with sound, 24fps, 35mm, 21:00 min)
Door: 9pm - $ 5