Kerry Laitala is deeply involved in working directly with the cinematographic medium - filming, editing and sound design - as well as in the optical printing of much of the material, to transform it into celluloid gems of strange resonance.
Xcèntric, in collaboration with CRATER-Lab, presents a double programme of films and performances, where the San Francisco filmmaker Kerry Laitala proposes her particular exploration of pre and post-cinematic creations, phantasmagoria, luminescence, 3D stereoscopy, optical effects and scientific-magical investigations, that she recombines through pieces in different media and formats, suggesting to the viewer, rather than films, film experiences.
With the presence of the artist.
- Afterimage: A Flicker of Life (2010, video, 11 min)
- Chromatic Frenzy (2009, video, 7 min)
- Conjuror’s Box (2011, 35 mm, 6 min)
- Terra Firma (2005, 35 mm, 8 min)
- Phantogram (2008, 16 mm, 8 min)
- The Color Red Bleeds Blue, (double 16 mm projection, 20 min.)