The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT) turned 40 in April. In honour of this milestone we are looking back to some of the films that LIFT has supported over the years on VUCAVU.COM
These 10 films span genres and practices that encompass the incredible diversity of singular visions that we have been lucky enough to have had a small role in bringing to life. The program brings together titles that were supported through our long running production/post-production grants for members, the Madvo Collection Commissioning Project, the Film Access program in partnership with Tangled Art + Disability, the LIFT/imagineNATIVE mentorship program with imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival, the Studio Immersion Residency in partnership with PIX Film as well as our year-round production support of members projects through equipment rentals.
Celebrate Toronto’s rich film culture with this collage of forms and practices. From hand-processed experimental film to hybrid documentary and feature narrative and everything in between. Here’s to 40 more years of supporting excellence in the moving image.
Launching Friday May 28 at 10:00am and running until Sunday June 6 at 11:59pm EDT.
To learn more about the program and see a full lineup of films head to: https://lift.ca/programming-home/unsteady-landscapes-40th-anniversary-of-the-liaison-of-independent-filmmakers-of-toronto
The program will include:
- “Video Home System” by Sharlene Bamboat (2016 Production/Post-Production Grant)
- “The Peak Experience” by Leslie Supnet (LIFT/PIX 2017 Film Studio Immersion Program, Funded the Petman Foundation)
- “165708” by Josephine Massarella (2015 Production/Post-Production Grant)
- “Behind the Fare” by Loveleen Kaur and Mariam Zaidi (2015 Production/Post-Production Grant)
- “Dust Cycles” by Eva Kolcze (2014 Production/Post-Production Grant)
- “Cut” by Susan Justin (2008 Production/Post-Production Grant)
- “Honey for Sale” by Amanda Strong (2009 LIFT/imagineNATIVE Mentorship Program)
- “Sira” by Rolla Tahir (2017 Madvo Collection Commissioning Project, supported by the Canada Council for the Arts)
- “Welcome to Ataratiri” by Adam Roy Cohoon (2016 Film Access Program in partnership with Tangled Art + Disability, supported by the Ontario Arts Council)
- “Honey Moccasin” by Shelley Niro (Production Support through member rentals)