Nocturnal Reflections presenta James Edmonds / Super 8 works
Screening with the presence of the artist.
Super8 works 2005-2016:
- After Hours (2005, super 8 transferred to digital, 07:18, colour, sound)
- Fleeting Landscape (2006-07/2016, super 8 transferred to digital, 03:41, colour, silent
- Fragments/Structures (2007/2009, super 8, 6min (12fps), colour, silent
- Inside/Outside (2008/2015, super8, 7min, colour, sound
- Sternwarten der Welt (2011/in progress, super 8 in 2 parts, 11mins/6mins, colour, sound
- Movement and Stillness (2014/2015, super 8, 10min, colour, silent
- Overland (2016, super 8, 22min, colour and black+white, sound)
Performance with live soundtrack by Nicola Tirabasso:
- we all live in the blue image forever (2007/ongoing, super8, colour, live sound) [circa 20 mins]
James Edmonds is an artist filmmaker from the UK living in Berlin. His practice centres on a personal poetics in which the nature of recording, when approached from the materiality of analogue film, offers a tangible yet ultimately paradoxical surface for what is intangible and fleeting - our personal experience, inner worlds, thoughts and reflections. He has presented screenings and exhibitions at various venues, project spaces, galleries and cinema events, including Fronteira Festival Brasil, [auslands-filme] Ausland Berlin, The Temenos Screening Kino Xenix Zurich, Another Vacant Space Berlin and ACCEA Armenia. Since 2015 he also curates the monthly film series Light Movement in Berlin.