Please join our screening event "Short Experimental Documentaries," Curated by Tova Beck-Friedman at Anthology Film Archive, NYC. Tuesday, September 11 at 7:15PM
- Marketing to Death, by Braddon Mendelson & Jerry Danielson —06:25
An exploration of consumerism and the consumers it consumes.
- Notes on Violin, by Avital Oehle — 09:36
"Notes on Violin" explores the life of a violin-obsessed teacher, who wants to spread "the gospel" of classical music
- Maria, by Shiri Paamony Eshel —25:00
A young woman’s life struggles, supported only by her poems to keep her from falling.
- Self Portrait [Détournement] by Gwendolyn Audrey Foster — 03:32
An experiment in surreal automatism. An appropriated détournement resulted from this experiment: a 'found image as self' morphs into multiple selves who walk away from the camera to meet yet more aspects of the self, traveling through alternate times and places.
- A Philadelphia Story by Lili White 04:27
Based on a true story that happened in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, sometime in the early 80’s. "A Philadelphia Story" is a story of crime, rape and its aftermath.