This program celebrates the publication of Millennium Film Journal No. 65 “Architecture On Screen and Off” with a special screening of works featured in the issue. The title refers to recent moving-image artists’ considerations of the built environment and its connection with character, politics, social norms, class, race and gender.
- Is This Music? (Jon Alpert & Keiko Tsuno, 1971, 5 min-excerpt, video)
- Digital TV Dinner (Jamie Fenton & Raul Zaritsky, 1978, 3 min, video)
- The Needle And The Larynx (Marianna Simnett, 2016, 15.5 min, digital)
- Pickelporno (Pipilotti Rist, 1992, 12 min, digital)
- Birds Listening (Tom Sherman, 2012, 2.5 min, digital)
- See The Text Comes To Read You (Tom Sherman, 2016, 8 min, digital)
- See A Dog, Hear A Dog (Jesse McLean, 2016, 18 min, digital)
- An Ecstatic Experience (Ja'Tovia Gary, 2015, 6 min, digital)
Total running time: ca. 70 min.
All works are featured in the new issue of the Millennium Film Journal.