The films of this screening offer varied views on the concept of the foreigner, by emphasizing the personal experience of the filmmakers: the feeling of strangeness experienced towards the place of origin, the discovery of the other and the bond of sympathy within the journey, the experience of exile, and finally the history of the split of a country. Vehicles of this otherness, the forms break, shatter in contact with the other, calling into question their borders.
Presentation and programming by Boris Monneau
In the presence of Daphné Le Sergent, Ishrann Silgidjian, Alain Mazars and Frédérique Devaux (to be confirmed)
- Just Like Us (Jesse McLean, 2013, USA, digital, 15')
- Souvenirs De Printemps Dans Le Liao-Ning (Alain Mazars, 1984, France, 16mm, 40')
- K (Exil) (Frédérique Devaux, 2008, France, 16mm, 9')
- Frontière, Case N°11 (Ishrann Silgidjian, 2020, France, digital, 2')
- Paysages Liminaires (Daphné Le Sergent, 2010, France, digital, 13')
Boris Monneau is an independent programmer and researcher, specializing in experimental and documentary cinema. He regularly collaborates with the Collectif Jeune Cinéma, as well as with the Center for Contemporary Culture in Barcelona (CCCB), Braquage, the magazine A bras le corps and the blog dedicated to Hispanic cinema Arrebato.