filmkoop wien presents:
Hybridity and the Performative Hand-made: Montreal Independent Cinema
Sonya Stefan presents current Montreal filmmakers and video creators who are exploring hybrid techniques and the hand-made. Each artist defines their own unique process, either by hands-on film, video manipulation or via performance-based techniques such as Hamish Fulton-esque walking trajectories shot along a man-made path leading to a lake. Experimental and animation works make up this program.
- Boreal (Mandi Morgan, animation, digital, color, stereo, 2015)
- Nutag-Homeland (Alisi Telengut, animation, color, stereo, 2016)
- The Yellow Ghost (Guillaume Vallée, 16mm to digital, color, stereo, 2014)
- [T] (Phillippe Leonard, digital, color, stereo, 2015)
- Le bulbe tragique (Guillaume Vallée, 16mm to digital, color, stereo, 2016)
- Echo (Sonya Stefan, 16mm, color, stereo, 2012)
- Lapses of Attention (Vitalyi Bulychev & Sonya Mladenova, Super8, b&w, silent, 2015)
- brouillard #14 (Alexandre Larose, 35mm to digital, color, silent, 2013)
with talks, drinks & music. We're looking forward to meet you there!