The fourth edition of Filmadrid (June 7-16, Madrid, Spain) will screen over a hundred recent works, 38 of them in competition on the Official and Vanguardias (avant-garde) strands. Among this year's highlights, there will be a focus on the work of Italian underground filmmaker Tonino De Bernardi, as well as on the films of documentary filmmaker and poet Raquel Chalfi and the urban ethnography of Khalik Allah.
In the Vanguardias Live section, dedicated to the cinematographic performance, the protagonists will be the Spanish filmakers Helena Girón & Samuel M. Delgado as well as Raquel Chalfi. In the section Video Essay, Filmadrid in collaboration with the streaming service MUBI will show several selected works in individual posts in Notebook, MUBI's daily bulletin. The works will also be shown as part of a free screening during the festival.
Works included in the Vanguardias section:
- Nazidanie (Boris Yukhananov, Aleksandr Shein, 2017) Rusia 148’
- Fluid Frontiers (Ephraim Asili, 2017) Estados Unidos 23’
- Manila Scream Expanded (Roxlee, 2018) Filipinas 66’
- Plus Ultra (Helena Girón, Samuel M. Delgado, 2017) España 13’
- Mountain Plain Mountain (Yu Araki, Daniel Jacoby, 2018) Japón, Países Bajos, España 21’
- The Disappeared (Adam Kaplan, Gilad Baram, 2017) Israel 45’
- Can Limbo (Martín Baus, 2018) España/Chile 76'
- Star Ferry (Simon Liu, 2018) Hong Kong/ Estados Unidos 8’
- Optimism (Deborah Stratman, 2018) Estados Unidos/Canadá 15’
- Caerán lóstregos do ceo (Adrián Canoura, 2018) España 25’
- Fugue, A Light's Travelogue (Els van Riel, 2017) Bélgica 29’
- Between Relating and Use (Nazli Dinçel, 2018) Argentina/ Estados Unidos 9’
- What I Remember (Antoinette Zwirchmayr, 2017) Austria 64’