FRACTO offers a workshop on experimental film archive practice, held by Emmanuel Lefrant in conversation with Federico Rossin and aimed especially at young artists and the next generation of programmers interested in experimental film production and the management of film archives. The event takes place at Acud Studio on the morning of Saturday, the 28th of May.
Experimental Film Archive - Workshop
Sat 28 May
11:00 - 13:00 / ACUD STUDIO
Participants: max. 30
No prior experience or equipment necessary.
- Presentation of Emmanuel Lefrant as a filmmaker and as director of Light Cone
- Brief introduction to experimental cinema, history and perspectives of this type of filmmaking;
- Presentation of Light Cone: distribution and diffusion of films, work with museum institutions, book publishing activities, description of the artist residency program "l'atelier 105", etc. ;
- Presentation of his work as a filmmaker, evolution over time (the filmography sweeps through 20 years of film practices), cutting of sequences, sharing of film techniques, particularly around the issue of film development;
- Open questions, exchange with the public.
The event is supported by OFAJ, FGYO’s 1234 project.