San Francisco Cinematheque seeks submissions of recent films and videos for CROSSROADS 2015, the sixth manifestation of our annual film festival to be held April 10–12 at San Francisco's Victoria Theatre.CROSSROADS 2015 will showcase new film/video works by emerging and established filmmakers, including performance and works of “live cinema.” Cinematheque seeks submissions of compelling non-commercial, artist-made work of all genres and durations.
Inaugurated in 2010, CROSSROADS is the only major West Coast film festival dedicated exclusively to the exhibition of contemporary and historic avant-garde film and video work. Artists featured in previous years have included Malic Amalya, Stephanie Barber, Tommy Becker, Amanda Dawn Christie, Caryn Cline, Nathaniel Dorsky, Erin Espelie, Dale Hoyt, Ken Jacobs, Lawrence Jordan, Laida Lertxundi, Jeanne Liotta, Jodie Mack, Jesse Malmed, Jeremy Moss, Robert Nelson, Alee Peoples, Greg Pope, Ben Rivers, Michael Robinson, Margaret Rorison, Ken Paul Rosenthal, Ben Russell, Mónica Savirón, Scott Stark, Alexander Stewart, Makino Takashi, Robert Todd and Karen Yasinsky.
Founded by filmmaker Bruce Baillie in 1961, San Francisco Cinematheque is the Bay Area’s premier venue for avant-garde/experimental, underground and personally expressive film and video work. In its steadfast dedication to exhibiting works of aesthetically radical cinema from all historical eras and geo-political locales, Cinematheque celebrates the breadth and depth of this vibrant art form in all its myriad expressivities.
Festival program will be announced in early March 2015.
Submitted works must have been completed after January 1, 2013.
One submission form or online entry must be received for each work submitted.
CROSSROADS 2015 will (potentially) screen work in the following film/video formats: 8mm, Super-8mm, 16mm, 35mm, QuickTime ProRes and Blu-Ray. We also seek submissions of performance, multi-projector pieces, installations and other para-cinematic forms. Please contact [email protected] with inquiries concerning additional exhibition formats or for more information.
Entries are accepted on DVD and Blu–Ray formats or in the form of streaming online video. Please contact [email protected] with additional inquiries concerning submission formats.
• For streaming online video: Entriesmust be provided via online form.
• For DVDs: Entry via the online submission form is strongly preferred.
One entry fee must be received for each work submitted.
• Please make checks or money-orders payable in U.S. currency to: SAN FRANCISCO CINEMATHEQUE.
• Electronic payments can be sent via Paypal to [email protected], or through our website.
Entry fees are waived for Cinematheque members! Become a member now.
• Early entry by Dec. 15, 2014*: $15 for each individual work
• Late entry by Jan. 15, 2014*: $20 for each individual work
*date of postmark or link receipt
Films selected for CROSSROADS 2015 program will be announced in early March 2015. If your work is selected, we will contact you via email by February 15, 2015. You will be asked to present the following:
1. Exhibition copy of your work (film or digital video) to arrive at the address below no later than March 15, 2015.
2. 75 word artist bio.
3. A minimum of one digital image representing your work (preferred format: TIF still image at 300 dpi or better) for publicity use.
Cinematheque will pay rental fees for all works screened at the festival. All exhibition media will be returned to their makers (at the expense of Cinematheque) at the conclusion of the festival.
For physical submission of materials, please mail submission packages to the address below.
CROSSROADS FILM FESTIVAL
San Francisco Cinematheque
55 Taylor Street
San Francisco CA 94102 USA
• Please include a completed copy of this downloadable form and payment for each work submitted.
• DVD/Blue-Ray submissions must be clearly labeled with the film title, filmmaker name(s) and contact email address.
• Please include a pre-paid, self-addressed package with your submission if you would like items to be returned. When submitting physical media for preview, please include a completed entry form with each submitted work.