John Price is an independent filmmaker who has produced experimental documentaries, dance and diary films since 1986. His love of analog photography led naturally to extensive alchemical experimentation with a wide range of motion picture film emulsions and camera formats. Engagement with these modes of creation connected the way an images texture communicates subtext and is a key feature of his work and the work he shoots for others.
Programme: (cuarated by the filmmaker)
- Fire #3 (2003, 16mm, 2:45)
- Remembrance day parade (2005, 16mm, 2:45)
- Crossings (1994-2000, 16mm, 9:00)
- Sunset (1997, 16mm, 2:45)
- Wreck, nation (1997, 16mm, 10:00)
- Eve (2006, 16mm, 6:00)
- Naissance (2007, 16mm, 11:00)
- The sounding lines are obsolete (2009, 16mm, 10:00)
- Six (2016, 16mm, 8:00)
This programme has been possible thanks to the support of Festival Internacional de Cine de Gijón, Museo Contemporáneo de Castilla y León and Filmoteca de Cantabria.
Screened again next Thursday December 1st 2016, 20:10h. DOCUMUSAC / MUSAC.