A BODY (SUR)RENDERS/UN CUERPO (SE)RINDE
BY ANTO ASTUDILLO
a Hybrid Film Screening & Live Performance
TRT 60 min.
Showing Saturday August 13 and Sunday August 14
8pm, at Millennium Film Workshop
167 Wilson Ave, Brooklyn, NY
A Body (sur)renders/Un Cuerpo (se)rinde is a psychophysical (term coined from my theater practice) hybrid film screening & live performance where images, audio and movement are intertwined for the audience to experience it as a single synchronized piece. The films included, shot over the past 4 years, are a testimony of many transitions in my life and where I manifest my identity as trans nonbinary. The performance pieces connect and expand the films to make my personal/artistic process a tangible experience for the audience. (This project was supported, in part, by a Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grant.)
- EXO, 2019, 3:47 min, 16mm-to-digital (color, sound)
- SOME KIND OF DIAGRAM, 2021, 13:13 min, 16mm-to-digital (color/black & white, sound)
- RENDER MY BODY, 2022, 8:25 min, 16mm (color, silent)
- HOW TO MAKE AN AVATAR, 2022, 5min, HD video (color, sound)
- AVATAR CHOREOGRAPHY, 2022, 8:30min, HD video (color, sound)
- A BODY (SUR)RENDERS, 2022, 8:27 min, 16mm-to-digital (color, silent)
A set of 5 short performances will take place between or during some of the films/videos.