Sight Unseen welcomes back Basement Media Fest for a second survey of contemporary artists working with lo-def, lo-tech, and lo-fi motion pix techniques. Founded in response to hi-res commercial media and corporate-sponsored film fests, Basement is a celebration of the mediated experience as an aesthetic experience. Equal parts glitchd digital vidz, fuzzy vhs, and grimy 16mm film, we’ll be presenting a mixd program of celluloid and .movs. Come enjoy some 100 yr old tech in a state of the art converted bodega theater.
///Warning/// sum of these movies feature flickering light and rapidly changing motion. may cause seizures/motion sickness. If you have to spew, spew in this.
//LJ Frezza, curator of Basement, will be in attendance as well!
- House (Andy Birtwistle, 3:45, Digital)
- I Am All Men As I Am No Man and Therefore I Am (Gilberto Alfredo Salazar Caro, 5:29, Digital)
- Election Coverage (Chris Paul Daniels, 1:01, Digital)
- Cold Blood (Tyler Tamburo, 3:24, Digital)
- Queens Quay (Stephen Broomer, 1:11, 16mm to digital)
- [phrases] (Ben Balcom, 4:24, Digital)
- Doubt #2 (Josh Lewis, 5:26, 16mm to digital)
- Smashed (Emma Varker, 3:53, Digital)
- The HandEye (Bone Ghosts) (Anja Dornieden & Juan David Gonzalez Monroy, 7:09, 16mm to digital)
- [RGB] (N. Heppding, 4:30, Digital)
- Seriously Delinquent (Dylan Pasture, 6:49, Digital)
- The Way You Recognize It (Laura Thatcher, 1:32, Digital)
- How to Draw Clouds (Salise Hughes, 2:20, Digital)
- RIP Geocities (Faith Holland, 2:31, Digital)
- Every Feature Film on My Hard Drive 3 Pixels Tall and Sped Up 7000% (Ryan Murray, 3:29, Digital)
- holiday 13 (Jordan Lopez, 1:44, Digital)
- Up (Scott Fitzpatrick, 4:47, Digital)
For further information about BASEMENT Media Fest, please visit: http://basementmediafest.com/
$5 General Admission