2017 West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival Call for Entries
Festival Dates March 24 – March 26, 2017.
The West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival invites imaginative, well-crafted and compelling works in film, video, animation and virtual reality. We impose no rules or restrictions governing content or artistic approach. Rather, we celebrate creative and innovative approaches to expression, medium, concept and narrative, in both traditional and non-traditional forms.
Works may be submitted in any of the following competitive categories:
- Documentary Short
- Narrative Short
- Thematic entry: "Health"
- Student (College)
- Young filmmakers (under 18)
- Virtual Reality Environments and Interactive Works
- Maximum running time of 20 minutes.
- Works must have been completed after 1/1/2015.
- Please include English subtitles with all non-English narrative entries.
- All submissions must include a completed entry form.
- Maximum of 2 entries per person, with separate entry form for each entry.
ENTRY FEE: $10. Student: $5. Under 18: Free.
Deadline for Entries: March 1, 2017.
A separate entry form is required for each entry. Filmmakers and artists accepted to the festival permit the use of stills and/or clips from accepted works in promotional and public relations materials.
Submit your work through: FilmFreeway, or by filling out the online entry form available at our website. Mailed-in entries are not accepted this year. If submitting using the online form, all works must be available for download (Vimeo, WeTransfer or Dropbox etc.) at screening quality and full resolution. Please insure that the link to the online version of your film or project is active until the date of the festival.