[Paul Clipson’s films] are a photo-chemical catalog of the visible world, charged with psychic energy, scored partly by chance, and imbued with a generosity of being.
-Otie Wheeler, MUBI Notebook
Clipson’s fillms are unique to the contemporary moment in their visual intensity, but also in their commitment to a realm beyond language, beyond the culture of ‘information.’ Clipson wants to deliver us knowledge of the world—real, discrete, actual things.
-Dan Browne, San Francisco Cinematheque
“Paul and I worked on this project for a little over a year before his passing. Deciding on a grouping of works that would constitute a ‘Selected Films’ proved no easy feat. The titling, selection and sequencing of films, and the images used for the jacket and booklet have been presented exactly as Paul wanted. It has been an honor to put together and realize this collection, which I believe captures something of the breadth, dynamism, poetry, and rare beauty of Paul’s cinematic vision.
This project would not be possible without the support of Yelena Soboleva and Anya Kamenskaya.”
-Alex Cobb, February 2019
A co-release with Students of Decay : https://studentsofdecay.com/
- CHORUS 2009-2010, 7’ music by Gregg Kowalsky
- LIGHT FROM THE MESA 2010, 7’ music by Barn Owl
- ABSTEIGEND 2012, 7’ music by Evan Caminiti
- LANDSCAPE DISSOLVES 2012, 6’ music by Alex Cobb
- ORIGIN 2009-2012, 9’ music by Che Chen
- PULSARS E QUASARS 2014, 4’ music by Arp
- VOID REDUX 2013, 6’ music by Barn Owl
- BRIGHT MIRROR 2013, 9’ music by Jefre Cantu-Ledesma
- LIGHT YEAR 2013, 10’ music by Tashi Wada
- DISPORTING WTH A SHADOW 2015, 4’ music by Alex Cobb
- THE LIQUID CASKET / WILDERNESS OF MIRRORS 2014, 9’ music by Lawrence English
- MADE OF AIR 2014, 11’ music by Grouper
- LIGHTHOUSE 2015, 5’ music by King Midas Sound/Fennesz
- FEELER 2016, 7’ music by Sarah Davachi