Franz Milec (born 12 February 1993) is a Slovak experimental filmmaker and media artist currently based in Prague, Czech Republic. In his artistic practice, he has been exploring the intersection of film and data visualization.
Milec graduated from the Film and TV School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague in September 2019, and over the past few years, his works have been screened at festivals and shown at exhibitions in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Austria, Poland, Canada, United States, United Arab Emirates, and many other countries.
He's a regular at the Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival (part of the Doc Alliance network), and in 2019, he won a Special Mention for Czech Experimental Cinema at the festival. His works belong to the Canadian Filmmakers’ Distribution Centre catalog.
- Abstract Horror (2019)
- Buffer Zone Blues (2018)
- Loathing... (2017)
- The Forms of Utility (2017)
- Smartdust (2016)
- Fragments 3 (2015)
- I Couldn't Help But Wonder (2014)
- ^ Jump up to: a b "About". Franz Milec. 2018-04-17. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- ^ "CAS FAMU Students [CZ]". Students [CZ] (in Czech). Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- ^ "Events". Franz Milec. 2018-04-17. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- ^ "New Czech Cinema at the Imagine Science Film Festival". Czech Centres. 2018-10-12. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- ^ "SURVIVAL". NYUAD Art Gallery. 2019-02-09. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- ^ "Images Festival presents Student Program: A Black Hole is a Black Hole in the Ground". Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- ^ "23rd Ji.hlava: Award Winners". Ji.hlava IDFF. 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- ^ "Franz Milec". Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre. Retrieved 2020-03-04.