Argentine Experimental Cinema is a unique program composed of eleven short films that exhibit the contemporary super 8mm practices of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The contributing artists use a variety of different methods to explore the small format's materialistic and imaginative latitude. This includes direct filmmaking and other cameraless approaches, multiple exposures and matte boxes, the use of archival footage, and in-camera editing techniques. As a result, this screening promises to be a mesmerizing visual exploration; one you would be hard put to find anywhere else in the United States.
Filmmaker Jeff Zorrilla will be present on the date of the event for a brief Q+A during which time he will talk about some of the key tenets of his newly established Argentine film collective, Asociación de Realizadores Experimentales Audiovisuales (AREA).
Please come join us for this night of incredible work on my rooftop in Bedford Stuyvesant. Thank you in advance for your interest and support, it is deeply appreciated. We hope to see you there.
- Valle De Lobos by Azucena Losana (03:13)
- Let's Take a Walk by Moira Lacowicz (5:40)
- Oscuridad Sin Fin by Ernesto Baca Mx (02:35)
- Corriente by Julio Fermepin (05:58)
- Pifies by Ignacio Tamarit (03:57)
- Garage Mexico by Emiliano Cativa, Melisa Aller, Marto Alvarez, Fabiana Gallegos and Jeff Zorrilla (3:27)
- Vale Barcelona! by Paulo Pécora (03:10)
- Disuelto en la Lengua by Jeff Zorrilla (03:42)
- Perforación by Benjamin Ellenberger (03:48)
- Breathe by Leonardo Zito (07:01)
- Resistfilm by Pablo Marín (13:00)
- Photooxidation by Pablo Mazzolo (13:04)
Argentine Experimental Cinema
Friday September 28th from 8pm to 2am
427 Hart Street, Brooklyn NY 11221
$5 at the door (drinks and food provided)