Contemporary video art festival
15-30 October 2016
Museum Romeinse Katakomben
Second edition of a contemporary video art festival with an international selection of video artists and film makers showing their vision on the theme of 'End(less)', translated to infinity, life & death, circle of life, transformation, etc. The video's will be screened in a mystical underground space, part of Museum Romeinse Katakomben (MRK) in Valkenburg, the Netherlands.
Museum Romeinse Katakomben is a historical Roman museum. Wandering through the underground passages you will discover the ancient Rome of the second and third century. You descend to the graves of ordinary Roman citizens and to the beautiful tombs of prominent Romans. The video festival is part of the contemporary program of this museum.
Terms & Conditions:
- Open to national and international artists of all ages.
- Submission deadline: September 15, 2016.
- Theme: “End(less), related to life and death, circle of life, transformation.
- There is no entry fee.
- Previews must be uploaded to Youtube, Vimeo or to a personal website.
- Single channel videos only.
- Artists agree on having their video and stills used for promotion of the event.
- Artists accept to having their video screened at the museum and online, on the festival's project site.
- Works must be made within the past 3 years
- If the work uses a language other than English, it must be subtitled in English.
- Maximum duration 15 minutes.
- Copyrights remain exclusively the property of the artist.
- Applications will be only accepted when you send the following documents to [email protected], subject 'End(less)’:
- Preview link to your video, with password if required.
- Your c.v. (no more then one page (PDF))
- Title, length, format and conceptual background information about the video (no more then one page (PDF)
- Your contact information: Maureen Bachaus, [email protected]
- Selected artist will be notified by October 1st at which point a HD screening copy will be requested. The HD screening should be sent to [email protected], 05-10-2016 at the latest. (If possible please use WeTransfer)
The videos will be selected by Maureen Bachaus (Museum Romeinse Katakomben) and Ana Frangovska (National Gallery Macedonia, curator of the Macedonian pavilion at the 55th Venice Biennale)