Cinema Project - Naomi Uman
March 30th-31st 2010, suggested donation 7$
Clinton Street Theatre
2522 SE Clinton Street, 97202 Portland, Oregon, USA
Co-presented by the Douglas F. Cooley Memorial Art Gallery, Reed College
Please join Cinema Project on March 30th and 31st for the first program at their new home base, Clinton Street Theatre. Along with a bigger screen and more comfortable seats (and popcorn!), the Clinton neighborhood is a great spot for food and drink before and after a fabulous film program.
Tuesday March 30th and Wednesday March 31st, brings 16mm filmmaker Naomi Uman to Portland to present her original film work—from rough black-and-white sketches of life in rural Mexico to her recent documentaries on the colorful village of Legedzine, Ukraine. Working at the intersections of documentary and experimental film, her aesthetic is both delicate in approach to its subjects and bold in its images and processing.
Each program is presented on glorious 16mm, with Uman in attendance to discuss her career and methods.
March 30th: Milking & Scratching
- Leche (1998, 16mm, b&w, sound, 30 min.)
- Tin Woodsman (2008, 16mm, color, sound, 6 min.)
- removed (1999, 16mm, color, sound, 6 min.)
- lay (2006, 16mm, b&w, sound, 15 min.)
- Coda (2008, 16mm, b&w, sound, 3 min.)
March 31st: Ukrainian Time Machine
- Kalendar (2008, 16mm, color, silent, 11 min.)
- On this Day (2006, 16mm, color, sound, 4 min.)
- Unnamed Film (2008, 16mm, color/b&w, sound, 55 min.)