L’OEil d’Oodaaq is a French non-profit organisation that researches on video art and other forms of images in contemporary art, thanks to artists’ productions. L’Œil d’Oodaaq will be organising in 2021 its 10th(bis) Festival Oodaaq. It will be held from 21 to 30 May in Rennes. It will be composed of : exhibitions, screenings, performances, lectures, moments of encounter.
The festival questions the place of images in today’s society and the way artists reflect on this issue. L’Œil d’Oodaaq is interested in all states of existence of images : construction, circulation, reception, as well as its recent mutations in the digital age. The organisation refers to the term of « nomadic and poetic images » in order to emphasise the moving, multiple and reflective nature of the images it is interested in.
For the 10th edition of the Oodaaq festival, which was supposed to take place last May, we had not published on open call. For this anniversary edition, we had imagined a retrospective program of 10 years of programming for the Oodaaq Festival. Unfortunately due to the complex health context, we had to cancel this event.
Never mind ! In May 2021, L’Œil d’Oodaaq will organize its 10th (bis) Oodaaq Festival, structured around the following program :
- presentation of the retrospective program of 100 videos selected from 10 years of the Festival Oodaaq’s programming. These videos, spread over 4 seasons, will be broadcast in many partner locations in Rennes and in the municipalities of Ille-et-Vilaine in the form of a 10-hour television program. (program already completed)
- Along with this proposal, we will present the new discoveries of this year, thanks to this new open call.
This open call relates of course to our festival, but also to all the events that we organize or in which we participate throughout the year. Indeed, apart from its annual festival, L’Oeil d’Oodaaq implements and / or takes part in more than twenty events each year. By applying for this open call, you are submitting your work for Oodaaq Festival and / or for events offered by the asso-ciation throughout the year, in Brittany, nationally and internationally. Each broadcast is done in agreement with the artists, is framed by a contract and is the subject of a remuneration (calcu-lated for 1 broadcast or on a lump sum basis).
The selected videos can be showed in screenings, exhibitions, installations, etc.
Candidates may apply for at least 1 up to 3 projects for the Festival Oodaaq: video works varied in their form and content.
Applications are to be sent before November 8 at midnight, exclusively via email (Wetransfer or other file sharing tools are NOT accepted) to : [email protected]
Every application has to be sent as a zip file (named « surname-first name ») not exceeding 10MB and containing:
- Filled out application form (see next page)
- ext about the proposed artwork(s)
- A high-resolution image extracted from the video (300 DPI, named « surname-first name-title.jpg) + link to YouTube or Vimeo file (to be filled out in the application form). High quality video files are requested in case of selection.
The applicants will be notified of the jury's decision in January 2021.
Pay and Travel costs
L’Œil d’Oodaaq is paying author’s rights or exhibition feesto the selected artists. The exact amount will be fixed regarding the terms and frequency of presentation of the works.
In order to encourage encounters between artists and public, L’Œil d’Oodaaq participates in the travel costs of the artists who come to the festival according to the following terms:
- Total travel costs are covered for artists whose travel is essential (complex installation).
- Travel costs up to 50 euros maximum for artists who don’t need to be present but are encouraged to come to the festival (video artists mainly).
L’Œil d’Oodaaq is also organising accommodation.
Form to Fill online
For more information, please visit : www.loeildoodaaq.fr