CODEC: Communicating by the use of code units and changing information, you have access to it by the sense of hearing or through sight.
CODEC: It is the acronym for coder / decoder that allows synchronization of video and audio file or you can combine both.
CÓDEC is one that approaches, moves, transforms, experience, reflect, transmit, triggers emotions, experiences, world views, criticism of the medium itself, inspires, fragmented, defragments, exalts, irritates, creates, exposes, interacts proposes intervenes, works , dialogues, imagine, fracture, operated, installed, planned, focused, reasoning, questioning, tells, encoding, decoding, notes, recognizes mixture comprises, sync, express and disseminate the moving image and sound in its various manifestations.
The Festival celebrates his seven edition from 18 to 28 November 2021 , in the heart of México City.
We seek to create a space where the work of filmmakers, video artists and people interested in visual creation and exploration of sound parameters promote both emerging and established artists, from any discipline.
We establish direct community between artists and the public, fostering the exchange of theuse of analog and digital media, being a non-profit project with the intention of spreading the arts for free.
Awards & Prizes
-All films selected will receive award-certificates.
-The selected videos will be screened at several remarkable venues in Mexico City, and other states from Mexico.
-Non competitive festival
Rules & Terms
We call on all independent filmmakers from all disciplines and experience, nation wide and internationally to participate in the seven edition of CÓDEC from 18 to 28 of November 2021 in Mexico City.
The delivery of the work will be done after the publication of this call and it ends on January 31 2021.
You may participate in one or three pieces of video in each category.
****Small fee to recover organization expenses.
*Free theme selection.
* Projects from any year of production will be received.
* Only .MOV H.264 .MP4 formats are accepted.
* All participants must include a download link in the format of digital display through Vimeo, WeTransfer, or among other and one still 300 dpi.
*The works must be spoken or subtitled in Spanish .
* The authors are responsible for the rights of their work.
* The selection of the videos will be made by the curators guest of CÓDEC Festival, which will be published at the end of the call.
*Those selected will be notified by email and through social networks.
* No material will be returned.
* CÓDEC may display the selected video fragments for their different social media sites.
* CODEC don´t pay screening fees.
* Recognition of the selected artists will be given and they will be screened at the festival’s exhibitions in the interior of the Country.
* CÓDEC Festival of Experimental Film and Video is a non-profit festival so the organizers do not bear the costs there will be. The costs will be generated by the participation of the artists.