The PhotoPhore, proud screening partner of Microwave Festival 2017, opens its call for artists “CYBER HUMAN LANDS“. The contest gives the possibility to 3 winners to be the protagonists of the first online exhibition hosted by the PhotoPhore and Microwave Festival.
Selected videos will be screened on-line on the PhotoPhore website and Facebook, and on Microwave Facebook page, for the whole duration of the festival: October 6-30, 2017.
Artists, video-makers and amateurs are invited to submit video-art works, short movies, digital and animation films about this year selection theme: CYBER HUMAN LANDS.
PARTICIPATION is FOR FREE!
Our contemporary world is characterized by the existence of two entities: MAN and COMPUTER.
Each entity lives in its immaterial LAND: the MENTAL LAND for MANKIND, where the thoughts flow; and the CYBER LAND for the COMPUTER, in which the information travel.
MAN and COMPUTER also coexist in the PHYSICAL LAND, the three-dimensional environment that surrounds us and makes us connected.
CYBER HUMAN LANDS analyzes the interactions between MAN’s and COMPUTER’s LANDS. It explores the change of the perception of emotions and feelings, how the lives of both entities modify and fit to these new spaces, how they overcome the boundaries of individual existence and create new ways of life.
– selected videos will be screened on Microwave Festival official Facebook page (October 6-30, 2017)
– selected videos will be screened on the PhotoPhore dedicated on-line page and Facebook page (October 6-30, 2017)
– selected authors will be FEATURED on the PhotoPhore platform through a DEDICATED ARTICLE and INTERVIEW;
– the articles will be PROMOTED and shared on the PhotoPhore SOCIAL PROFILES (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram);
– the still images from the winning videos will be used as COVER PICTURE of the PhotoPhore social profiles for 2 weeks;
– a DEDICATED NEWSLETTER about the winners will be sent to the PhotoPhore mailing list with more than 25.000 subscribers.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: http://www.thephotophore.com/call-for-video-artists-cyber-human-lands/
– Submit your work by September 23, 2017
– Vote and get voted from September 25 to October 1, 2017
– Final winners will be declared on October 5, 2017
To get voted, invite your friends to like the PhotoPhore (www.facebook.com/thephotophore) Facebook page, and to like your video still uploaded on the PhotoPhore page. We will check the loyalty of all the submissions/votes received. The PhotoPhore has the right to moderate and confirm the final public vote score.
Authors of works own the rights to the images submitted. Winners’ pictures could be used for articles and website digital promotion campaign on the PhotoPhore, with artists’ names and courtesy always stated.
For more information and to submit your works for the call, send an e-mail to [email protected]
Call for Video Artists: CYBER HUMAN LANDS
Official selection for Microwave Festival 2017 by The PhotoPhore
Submission deadline: September 23, 2017
Public vote deadline: October 1, 2017