Extended Call – The Experimental Film & Video Competition
The 26th Tel-Aviv International Student Film Festival
We are delighted to invite you - Independent filmmakers, graduate students and students in their last year, to submit your recent films to the 2024 Experimental Film & Video Competition.
The festival will take place from August 14th – 20th, 2024 in Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel. The festival is an opportunity for young filmmakers from all over the world to present short innovative cinema, and participate in gala screenings, masterclasses, conferences, and special tributes.
The Experimental Film & Video Competition will take place for the seventh time, accepting international films for the second time. The competition is dedicated to short films from across the different visual arts. Its mission is to allow young experimental filmmakers to present their recent works – filmmakers who are not afraid to challenge the traditional cinema while formulating new, original and daring avant-garde cinematic ways of expression.
The selected works will screen at the Tel Aviv Cinematheque during the week of the festival.The judging team will consist of different film curators and artists from Israel and abroad who will choose the winning project. The selected project will receive a monetary prize (5,000 NIS).
- The competition is for students and fresh graduates only (Up to 5 Years from graduation).
- Each creator can submit up to 2 films.
- Films submitted must have been completed during the years 2023-2024.
- Submitted films must be no longer than 30 minutes (including credits).
- Before submitting, please read the attached regulation form carefully.
We look forward to receiving your films!