The University of North Carolina Greensboro (UNCG) requests submissions of short films that address sustainability, which UNCG defines as “the enduring interconnectedness of social equity, the environment, the economy, and aesthetics.”
Entries will be screened as part of the online UNCG Sustainability Film and Discussion Series. Winners will be announced and celebrated online. Judging is based on relation to sustainability as well as concept, cinematography, acting, production quality, costuming, writing, etc.
- 1st place: $200
- 2nd place: $150
- 3rd place: $100
- Audience award: $50
- Films must be 10 mins or less in length
- Submit films via screenable online format (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Include your name, phone number, email address, length and title of film
- Include one paragraph director’s bio (150 words)
- Include one paragraph description of film and relation to sustainability (150 words)
- Include promotional images for marketing purposes (high resolution .png or .jpg images in 16:9 ratio preferred, but poster images are also acceptable)
Submissions are due no later than 5 p.m. on March 1, 2021. Send to Sarah Dorsey: [email protected]. For questions, email or call: 336.370.0040.
*By entering the competition, entrants agree to the following: 1) Films must be original work, must not infringe on any rights of others, and must have all necessary permissions. UNCG will not be held liable for any copyright infringements. 2) Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films. 3) UNCG reserves the right to not screen any film(s) for any reason. 4) Prizes are not negotiable or transferable and are subject to taxes and fees for non-US winners. 5) The decisions of the judges are final.