The British artist and filmmaker Ben Rivers is internationally renowned for creating a body of bold experimental docufictions that search for an escape from modern society. Rivers shoots in various film formats and film stocks, often using an old Bolex wind-up camera, and self-processes the films, giving the appearance of found, aged or archival footage.
Breaking the conventional rules of documentary filmmaking, Rivers' films are evocative and sensory, and are an entirely unique personal vision.
Second Run are proud to present the first comprehensive Blu-ray collection of Ben Rivers' award-winning and critically acclaimed films.
This Special Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray includes the following films selected by the artist, plus a 32-page Booklet with a new essay by author and scholar Erika Balsom and writing on each of the films by Ben Rivers:
- A World Rattled of Habit (2008)
- Ah, Liberty! (2008)
- Astika (2006)
- The Coming Race (2006)
- Ghost Strata (2019)
- House (2005)
- The House was Quiet (2020)
- The Hyrcynium Wood (2003)
- I Know Where I'm Going (2009)
- Ijen/London (2022)
- Look Then Below (2019)
- Now, at Last! (2019)
- Old Dark House (2003)
- Origin of the Species (2008)
- Phantoms of a Libertine (2012)
- Sack Barrow (2011)
- The Shape of Things (2016)
- Slow Action (2010)
- There is a Happy Land Further Awaay (2015)
- Things (2014)
- This is My Land (2006)
- Trees Down Here (2018)
- Urth (2016)
- We the People (2004)
BLU-RAY 2-DISC SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Presented from new digital transfers from original materials, approved by the director.
- 32-page Booklet with a new essay by author and scholar Erika Balsom and writing on each of the films by Ben Rivers.
- Easter egg
- World Premieres on Blu-ray