The Chicago Underground Film Festival is now accepting submissions for the17th festival to be held June 24 - July 1 2010 at the Gene Siskel Film Center. Early Deadline is March 1 2010, Final Deadline March 15. For entry forms and guidelines please visit http://www.cuff.org
Since 1994, the Chicago Underground Film Festival has presented the finest in new underground, experimental and documentary film and video. In 2008 the festival entered into a partnership with IFP/Chicago and in 2009 the festival moved to the state of the art Gene Siskel Film Center. 2010 will mark another major change for the festival as we move from our traditional fall dates to the spring.
2009 Chicago Underground Film Festival jury selected the following works as festival winners. Our 2009 jury was comprised of Patrick Friel (White Light Cinema/Onion City Film Festival), Adam Hart (University of Chicago Experimental Film Club) and author and media activist Anne Elizabeth Moore. Winning films were given one of a kind hand-made trophies designed by Chicago artist Luke Breckon.
- Best Narrative Feature: Blondes In The Jungle (Whitney Horne and Lev Kalman)
- Best Narrative Short: All Ghost Women Play The Theremin (Jerzy Rose)
- Best Documentary Feature: It Came From Kuchar! (Jennifer Kroot)
- Best Documentary Short: Me Broni Ba (Akosua Adoma Owusu)
- Best Experimental Film: Jaws (Sabine Gruffat)
- Best Animation: Elfmädchen (Mirka Morales)
- Made In Chicago Award: Somewhere Only We Know (Jesse Maclean)
- Audience Award: American Radical- The Trials of Norman Finkelstein (David Ridgen and Nicolas Rossier)