8mm Experimental Cinema is a unique program composed of eight short films that exhibit a wide variety of contemporary 8mm practices. The contributing artists use a number of different methods to explore the small format's materialistic and imaginative latitude. This includes direct filmmaking, organic decay, impressionistic shooting methods, and other modes of formal experimentation. The presentation will consist of digital and super 8mm projections.
Lynne Sachs, Lorenzo Gattorna and Erica Sheu will be present for a brief Q&A following the screening.
Additionally, Deranged Cinema will be releasing the first issue of its monthly publication. This will be available for purchase on the night of the event. Deranged Cinema is a new film-culture collective dedicated to the creation, exhibition and preservation of both historical and contemporary independent filmmaking.
- Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I was out of film in Chicago - Erica Sheu
- Retracing Home - Karissa Hahn
- Sketch Film #4 - Tomonari Nishikawa
- Midway - Dan Browne
- DFidédente - Annalisa D. Quagliata
- CODA MCMLXXXV - Alex Faoro
- Starfish Aorta Colossus - Lynne Sachs
- Anche in paradiso non è bello essere soli - Lorenzo Gattorna
8mm Experimental Cinema
Saturday March 16th from 8pm to 12am
427 Hart Street Apartment 2, Brooklyn NY
$5 at the door (food provided + byob)