A program of short innovative and unconventional documentaries, curated by Tova Beck-Friedman.
- From Ally To Accomplice (Kelly Gallagher, 2015, 17:30)
An experimental essay in three movements exploring the importance of being more than an "ally" in struggle, delving into the history of the prairie on which Brown's militants trained.
- Beer And Hankies / Chelas Y Pañuelos (Julia Barco, 4:22)
Amid flowing beer and flicking handkerchiefs, subtle interactions at a traditional fiesta in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Welcome To The Shinkansen (Julia Barco, 3:24)
An homage to an esthetic which evokes a presence with a shadow and a whole with a fragment.
- How To Build A Terrarium (Emma Piper-Burket, 2013, 14:25)
It is springtime in Prague. A foreigner, new to the city, navigates the winding bureaucracy of the Czech Postal Service. A state-of-mind documentary about one woman's quest to become the master of her own universe.
- Kinetics (Lionel Retornaz, 2014, 2:39)
Captured in the whirlwind of a city’s movements and everyday spaces which become more and more oppressive.
- Hyacinth (Lydia Moyer, 2008, 7:25)
A poetic investigation into the invisibility of loss as it plays out on the landscape of an infamous tragedy.
- La Course (The Race) (Jean-Michel Rolland, 2013, 3:45)
Rhythmic run of five horses shot in Marseille Borély, this video, a tribute to Muybridge, is an attempt to communicate the frenzy felt during the speed of this painful race.
Facebook link: https://facebook.com/shortexperimentaldocumentaries